Breast milk is the best and most natural way of feeding kids .
It also helps to build a bond between the mom and the baby.
While some of you maybe feeding your baby every time on demand but trust me it gets exhausting and sometimes you cannot help but go to work or for doctor meet or for some shopping and at that time you need something that helps you….Enters a Breast Pump TADAA!!!
Even Breastfeeding in Public has not been taken well in our country, moms have been shamed or discouraged for doing this. But millennial moms who are wiser and smarter have chosen to breastfeed their baby no matter what!!!
I am a breastfeeding mama who has used breast pump for my child.
Gynecologist Dr. Asavari Dongre answered all our queries around breastfeeding and also talked about the new Little’s Breast Pump with SFR technology, which allows mothers to manually adjust its suction levels according to their own need.
So First I will be sharing all the insights we got around Breastfeeding , challenges for working mothers and breast pump. Then I will talk about the Little’s Manual Breast Pump which I guess would have been a savior for me. Find out why in the end!!!
Why moms chose to Pump
Well, you might think why somebody would choose to pump when they can directly feed the baby. Well, let me tell you there might be many reasons I chose to pump because of the below,
- When my baby was born I was scared if he would be able to latch, at that time doctors opt for top feed I wanted to feed my own milk so I bought a Breast Pump
- After six months I had to join back work but I still wanted to breastfeed my baby so I chose to express and keep.
- Also, I did not want my baby to have a bond only with me but also with his dad and grandparents so I used to express milk and let them feed through the bottle.
- You might hate me for this, Breast pump also gave me the freedom to go for shopping or for a coffee with friends ensuring that my baby’s nutrition is not compromised.
- Breast Pump also helped me from the clutches of Engorgement and breast heaviness.
- My cousin who had twin babies could not feed both her babies at the same time even if she did it became round the clock duty but breast pump gave her the freedom to express the milk and feed.
There are two kinds of breast pumps
These work fast and can pump milk in no time, if you are in hurry and have no time then this works best for you but these are quite expensive.
This is the best and inexpensive option for moms who do not mind pumping by hand and expressing the milk. I have personally got a manual pump because I was scared of that electric stuff touching my breasts. Manual pumps I feel are much safer options too.
When should I buy the breast pump?
I bought it before delivering because i was not sure if my baby will be able to latch, and that’s exactly what happened he was not able to latch properly for two days and instead of top feed I have my own expressed milk.
But I stopped using the pump for 4-5 weeks because I din want my baby to have nipple confusion. Then when I started going out for work also missing on sleep I started expressing and keeping so anyone could feed him with the bottle . This also gave me some me time. You should meet a lactation consultant before deciding on any of this.
How to Use a Breast Pump?
The first time when you express milk it might be you collect only a few drops don’t be disheartened. Using a pump is a skill which is as easy as changing a nappy once you get a hang of it its nothing. Don’t be too hard on yourself keep pumping, tae help.
When to start expressing?
The best time to pump is as soon as you wake up and its quiet with no distraction and your breasts are full. Eat something and drink water before pumping. Also, one hour after eating is the best time to pump.
How to use the pump?
- Read the manual properly. Whether you use a manual or electric each brand will have a different feature so read the manual properly.
- It’s important to clean and sterilize the pump just like the feeding bottle.
- Create vacuum while using like wetting the breasts a little bit this helps create a better latch.
- Think of the baby while pumping it will help express the milk faster
- Look for a quiet place.
Breast milk storage
- If freeze it can last up to two weeks.
- In fridge you can store this for 8 days.
- Outside in room temperature it can last up to 4-6 hours but its best to use it soon.
How to thaw frozen milk?
Store it in refrigerator overnight and then run warm water
I have felt pain while pumping and I thought it’s because of the breasts heaviness. But the actual problem was the suction power, my nipples were sensitive and I needed low suction pressure but Breast pumps usually are One Size Fits all, not anymore
Little’s Breast Pump with SFR Technology!!!
Let’s talk about Little’s Unique Breast Pump which has SFR Technology which helps to adjust the pumps suction pressure according to their body’s response. This is such a big savior for moms like me who did not have a regular supply and have had pain while pumping because of this.
This video will help you understand better
Some key features are:
- Two modes of expressing milk Stimulation and Expression
- Silicone Massaging Pad which ensures gentle and delicate expression of milk.
- Mimics child suction which helps to improve suction.
- There are 5 levels of suction pressure which can be adjusted as per mother’s individual needs.
So basically you don’t have to decide which pump to buy depending on your milk supply. This pump is for all kinds of mothers who are unique and might have different requirements while pumping.