Winter is here and I know we all want to curl up in a warm blanket and watch our favorite show!!! But wait with changing weather comes a lot of issues especially cold and cough which is very common in kids!!!
There are many home remedies to increase the immunity of kids during the weather change. But if they do catch a cold then there is something which helps always and that is Kadha. It is an Ayurvedic mix of herbs and helps heal our little ones a sore throat. It is an inexpensive magical remedy and the Best Home Remedy for Cold and Cough in Babies!!!
Recipe for Best Home Remedy for Cold and Cough in Babies
- 25gm of Ginger
- 4 tulsi leaves
- 1-2 Black Pepper
- Few drops of Honey
- 2 cups of water
How to Prepare
- Take the ginger (do not peel it off) and wash it properly
- crush the ginger, tulsi and black pepper (Preferably in a mortar)
- Keep the water in a pan to boil
- put the crushed ingredients in the boiling water and leave it to boil for at least 5 minutes till water reduces to 2 tablespoons.
- put the gas off, add some honey drops and serve warm
- My little one doesn’t like to have kadha so I feed him through a medicine dropper. He gets deceived thinking it’s his favorite medicine.It’s always convenient and easy!!!
- Do not peel off the ginger
- use mortar to grind the ingredients than blending them in a blender
- do not give water immediately after the kadha.
Benefits of the ingredients added
- Ginger: It is a pungent smell herb which helps with increasing body heat and provides a soothing effect on the throat.
- Tulsi: It is an amazing healing herb. It helps in reducing mucus during a cough and cold. It improves respiratory function.
- Black Pepper: It is antibacterial in nature, and therefore helps to cure cold and cough.It also helps to alleviate chest congestion, often caused due to pollution, flu, or a viral infection.
- Honey: It has iron, phosphorus, calcium, sodium, and potassium as its major constituents. It increases the body heat and helps in improving immunity. It helps in proper functioning of your heart and reduces cold and cough.
- Ginger can cause heartburn so its quantity must be watched and used
- Too much black pepper can cause sensation
- Honey increases body heat so can lead to sweating if lots of honey is added.
If you liked this post then please pin it to your Favorite Board!!!